Thursday, May 25, 2006

Argghh...

Didn't blog for so long liao...also realise that the rest have also stopped blogging. Maybe blogging has died down liao? As for me...have always been stressed with completing the thesis within 2 months. It seems that working through it haven't been smooth, somehow the results of the program will be different from what I want, and then I have to go through it again and try to solve it until it gives me the right solution. Really quite worried about it, especially I'm now standing at the crossroad of my future. Have been to several interviews, and one statistical dept has offered me a job. I have verbally agreed to the job although I said that I want to look at the contract first. The HR dept hasn't called me up to collect the contract yet so I have time to consider other job offers too.

Although the job offer isn't very attractive, however it gives me the opportunity to be in the area of field that I want. But it deals with lots of quantitative stuffs, which may be not what I really want. Thinking that even if I accept it, will only use it as a stepping stone. Recently went to another interview by a prestigious organization. The interview was something that I have never went through before. What makes this different from the others was the group debate after the essay test. There's a tricky part to such debate: How to distinguish yourself as an outstanding individual and yet acts as a team player? I don't know whether I did it..just remember asking the rest lots of questions and making comments. After the group debate, there's a meeting with 2 senior officers. I don't know whether I have made the right impression in front of them, just remember being quite frank. As for the HR interview, I think I didn't perform well..maybe because I was a bit tired from the long duration of the entire interview. And all these are merely the 1st round of the interviews. Sigh, don't know whether I will make through it..the job is so much more attractive than the job offer, but I will just see what fate decides for me. If I didn't make through that, I guess I will still take up the present job offer.

Presently what worries me most is whether I can complete my thesis on time for the job. Arghh...I hate to do mathematical modelling!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home