New Year Resolutions
Think I have been delaying this entry for ages since the New Year. Ha..so here goes: Happy New Year to everyone! A new year signals a fresh start of the year. Let me first reflect the major achievements for the past one year:1) Finally finish the long long thesis! (Don’t know for how long I have been so stressed over the completion of the thesis that I can’t sleep properly for nights
2) ) Found a job. Initially thought that the pay for the job is quite lousy so was thinking of leaving after some time, but was surprised by a long overdue pay revision. So the new pay actually compensates the time spent studying for Masters!
3) Better manage the time spent with Nekki, friends and family. Once started work, there’s simply no time to spend all the time with my better half. Gained a better understanding of Nekki’s troubles in not spending enough time with his friends and engaging in his favourite pastime of playing magic.
4) Manage to go on more frequent outings with Fornax, Bladers and JC friends. However, fail to establish stronger and better relationships with colleagues as there’s no time to go out on the many outings organized by them (Sigh, most of my colleagues are singles, so they can afford to have more time to go on outings). But think getting too attached to them is not good, cos there may be conflict of interests during work
5) Finished my elementary Japanese course! Think it was quite tough trying to study and work at the same time. Sometimes smuggled in Japanese stuffs to study in office for exams.
However, there are still some regrets:
1) No time to play basketball. Arghh! Already missed playing basketball, hope I didn’t forget how to dribble and other stuffs.
2) Missed my afternoon naps. Used to enjoy them during my master’s years. But now, can’t even afford to sleep during afternoon hours.
3) No time to watch anime. Last time used to be updated with the latest episodes of Bleach, Naruto etc. But now, don’t know how many episodes have passed.
With these regrets and achievements for the past one year, here are my new year resolutions:
1) Finish intermediate level of Japanese
2) Finish 1st level of CFA
3) Catch up with my JC friends, especially Jia, Ping they all.
4) Find some time to play basketball and blade
5) Watch some anime plus read finish comics such as Kindaichi 2 & Death Note
6) Hope to get a better idea of my own career path
So みんなさん, がんばってですよ!


2 Comments:
I also don't have time to watch anime and read manga these days...Work sucks up personal time. But somehow I'm more at peace with myself. Maybe because I don't need to keep chasing every episode! Haha.
Looks like you have lots of fun in Taiwan. Me hope to visit it someday, as well as get-together with some of my Taiwanese friends. Miss them lots!
Anyway, wish you happy CNY! =)
-Chiew Ling
Hee...I guess if I focus on only 1 thing at a time, then won't be so stressful and sian that don't have time to do other things..
But another side of me want to accomplish more things at the same time..so will learn to manage time better for this year hee
Yupyup..taiwan is a nice place to go, wish ya happy CNY too! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home