Monday, July 23, 2007

Australia Trip (3)






Day 3

This time, I woke up at 7am as we wanted to have a big breakfast in the morning. We chose a café that has a nice picture of the meal plus there’s one free drink. It tasted really good: the eggs were fresh while the tomato was big and juicy. There was too much toast given which I couldn’t finish and the orange juice was fresh and juicy. Zim had to finish first so that he could arrive for his conference in time. While finishing my meal, one bird ( I don’t know the species’name) bravely came and ate Zim’s leftovers. Instead of chasing it away, we simply sat there and watch it carrying out its “mission”.







The bird waiting to pounce on the food


Thereafter, we went back to the hotel and had a nap. For me, time only passed quickly when 1) sleeping and 2) playing bridge or taidi or mahjong. And so time passed quickly when we were napping. Key tried to wake us up but we kept on delaying by saying “1 more hr can?” (sorry sis! =p) until she slept too. In the end I decided to wake up at 11.30am and woke the rest up.
Interesting sight along the way

We proceeded to walk to High Street as there’s a shop called “TableEight” selling high fashion clothing. Key bought 2 jackets while I bought one jacket which cost AUD34.90 (it’s cheaper than back in Sg hee) Nekki merely sat there and helped us to choose our jackets. We soon felt guilty over leaving him out of our shopping spree and thus tried to psycho him into buying things like a pair of Oakley sunglasses, which he resisted with success as he didn’t wear any contact lens.

We were feeling rather hungry so we ate at a food court in a smaller shopping centre. Nekki and I shared the cheapest meal that we had ever ordered over there ((teriyaki chicken with rice costing AUD5) while Key ordered beef with rice. I didn’t quite like the taste of the chicken, as it tasted a bit like chicken kidney so I didn’t eat much. Thereafter, we made our way to Cairns Esplanade Shopping Centre. There are not much shops over there (I manage to buy a pair of Novo Shoes which are under discount), so we ended up sitting on a bench within the shopping centre chatting until Zim came to meet us there.

Our Cheapest Lunch!


Cute Koala Bears
At the hotel, we just spent our time lazing on the bed watching some silly Aussie cartoons (there are simply no plots to begin with) until we decided to play taidi and bridge. Nekki was feeling rather stressed as he couldn’t catch the strategy of the game plus being my partner (sorry dear!) After a few rounds, he was commenting that he didn’t want to touch it as he simply didn’t like the game.

Thereafter, we went for dinner. We ate at the café which was having a promotion for one for one fish and chips provided on the condition that we ordered drinks. We also ordered Salad and calamari. The fish didn’t really tasted special, as the batter was made of flour, which tended to be coarser and dryer. We went to the Night Market again to look at the souvenirs again and of course ordered our favourite Gelato Ice-cream. We had an interesting observation at the shop: the guy will tend to serve smaller portion whereas the lady will serve bigger portion! Having been served smaller portion by the guy the previous day, Nekki and I waited to be served by another person other than him.
My favourite ice-cream shop

Satisfied with my ice-cream..Yummy!

We soon called it a day and walked back to the hotel to rest since we have to wake up early for tomorrow's horse riding

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home